Right now if you are living in this real world of photography then you must know the trending battel of DSLR Cameras Vs Mirrorless Cameras.
so, if you are one of them who curiously want to know the difference between DSLR cameras and Mirrorless cameras then here is the smart guide on DSLR cameras vs Mirrorless Cameras is available only for you.
it’s a clever guide to choose the right Camera for yourself.
in this article, I am covering the important topic, topics which matters for you a lot to buy a new Camera.
( cover photo is capture by Math on Unsplash ).
DSLR Cameras vs Mirrorless Cameras | Find the Right One For Yourself
First of all, let’s know what is the proper meaning of these two different kind of cameras.
( if you know the working and definition of DSLR cameras and Mirrorless Cameras then you can skip this section.)
here are some important resources for you to learn more about these cameras…
here is the basic and logically explained determination for DSLR camera.
DSLR camera means Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera.
DSLR is the combination of a single lens with a digital imaging sensor.
that means when you capture any photographs with your DSLR camera you need to press the shutter button.
when you press that button inside the camera body mirror flips up and then the shutter opens and final lights hits to the image sensor, and it gives us the final result.
that’s the basic working or meaning of DSLR camera.
there are lots of people who know working and meaning of DSLR cameras, but not a single thing about Mirrorless Cameras.
so in back 2008, Panasonic launched the world’s first mirrorless camera, the Lumix G1.
basically like DSLR cameras, Mirrorless Cameras are also known as CSC ( Compact System Cameras.)
Mirrorless cameras are mostly made by Olympus, Panasonic, Fujifilm, and Sony.
hope you get the meaning of Mirrorless Cameras, this kind of Cameras is mirrorless.
so the main body of the Camera is so slim and good looking.
but now the question is how these cameras capture the photos..?
so when you press the shutter button then light passes through the lens and goes directly onto the image sensor.
and then capture the real photographs.
that’s the basic definition of DSLR cameras and Mirrorless cameras.
here is the main thing which makes a clear difference between DSLR cameras and Mirrorless Cameras…
DSLR Cameras VS Mirrorless Cameras
as you know DSLR cameras are not mirrorless, so all type of DSLR cameras are big and bulky.
on the other hand, if we choose mirrorless cameras then this type of cameras are so lightweight and easy to carry kind of cameras available in the market right now.
a most common thing you can do with this two type of cameras is that both cameras allow you to change lenses, that’s the plus point for you.
but mirrorless cameras don’t give internal mirror system as DSLRs.
Mirrorless cameras are very easy to use then DSLR camera.
let’s talk about speed, video Quality and battery life
these things are very important for you if you are a videographer or even if you want to capture quick photographs.
mostly all Mirrorless cameras support 4K videography, some entry-level or middle range DSLR cameras are not good at that thing.
also if you are talking about the speed which we called as shutter-speed then mirrorless cameras contain way quick shutter-speed then DSLR cameras.
in a matter of battery life, DSLR cameras win, DSLR cameras provide more battery life then mirrorless cameras.
now here is the main thing, the decider which tells you which camera you should buy this year with a proper reason.
Why & Why Not DSLR Cameras
- for you, if photography is just a hobby then DSLR cameras are the best option for you to choose.
- or even if you are doing some job related to photography which takes lots of macro and very wide shots then DSLR must be a prime choice for you.
- because mirrorless cameras did not contain that kind of different ranges of lenses
- price of the mirrorless camera is much higher than an entry-level DSLR camera.
so hope you get it now that DLSR cameras are way better for any entry-level photographers.
Why & Why Not Mirrorless Cameras
First of all, let’s talk about why Mirrorless Cameras are built for.
- if you like to shoot a lot or even if you are a videographer then you can buy Mirrorless Cameras.
- also if you are a very Experienced and earning well in your photography career and still want a quality in your photographs then you can buy a mirrorless camera.
- because hope you know now that mirrorless cameras did not contain any filter so it gives you very clear detail of your photographs, it makes your life easier to edit your photographs using Lightroom or any other software.
- as you know mirrorless cameras are so lightweight so you can easily carry more lense and gear inside your backpack.
now let’s talk about some minus points of mirrorless cameras.
- as we know the battery life of Mirrorless camera is much shorter then DSLR camera.
- not every single mirrorless cameras contain VF ( ViewFinder ), costly mirrorless cameras contain electronic VF.
- but if you got an Electronic VF then it gives you so much image information than a DSLR camera.
Bonus for you
here is another common sense kind of thing, just imagine a small mirrorless camera ( which contain a super slim body ) and when you attach a heavy lens on the front then what happens.
yes, you are right, it’s totally uncomfortable for you to capture photographs.
that’s the immediate guide on DSLR cameras vs Mirrorless Cameras, hope you get what you are looking for.
May you like this
- Important things to do with your prime 18-55mm lens
- My personal best 17 photography hacks to learn
- Light-weight camera tripod under 20$
if you are asking me then this article is a totally time-saving and very clever way to know the main difference between these two cameras.
thank you for reading these article, have a good day :).